LuaLogging provides a simple API to use logging features in Lua. Its design was based on log4j. LuaLogging currently supports, through the use of appenders, console, file, email, socket and sql outputs.
LuaLogging is free software and uses the same license as Lua 5.1.
Current version is 1.5.1. It was developed for Lua 5.1+.
LuaLogging can be downloaded from its GitHub downloads page.
LuaLogging dependencies can be separated by the used appenders:
- LuaLogging Core, Console and File appenders
- Socket and Email appenders
- SQL appender
- LuaSQL 2.1.x
- 1.5.1 [22/Mar/2021]
- Reverted: Functionality to specify custom log levels.
- 1.5.0 [22/Mar/2021]
- Added: Functionality to specify custom log levels.
- Added: Provide verbose error message when formatting fails.
- Fix: disable buffering on windows files
- 1.4.0 [12/Aug/2020]
- Fix: No more global on Lua 5.3.
- Fix: Reduced log noise when changing log levels.
- Added: A new log-level "off" to suspend logging.
- Fix: Restored the log-level constants on the logger object.
- Fix: catch exceptions when formatting log messages.
- Change: creating loggers now always takes a parameters table (consistent across all appenders). The old parameters are now deprecated, but still work for backward compatibility purposes.
- Added: All appenders have a new property
timestampPatternto specify the format of the timestamp in the log message
logger:getPrint()function that returns a print-like function, but directs all output to the logger.
- 1.3.0 [5/Mar/2013]
- 1.2.0 [20/Apr/2011]
- Improved performance of logging.
- Added Rolling File Appender.
- 1.1.4 [30/Oct/2007]
- Fixed bug #1719 - inefficient handling of file loggers (Patch by Jürgen Hötzel).
- 1.1.3 [08/Aug/2007]
- New makefile for Windows (using nmake) and configure script for Unix.
- 1.1.2 [14/Aug/2006]
- Fixed a bug found by Carlos Augusto where tostring() was being incorrectly used with numbers.
- 1.1.1 [31/Mar/2006]
- 1.1.0 [12/Nov/2004]
- 1.0.0 [02/Jul/2004]
LuaLogging 1.2 and 1.3 were maintained by Robert G. Jakabosky.
LuaLogging 1.1.x was designed by Danilo Tuler and Thiago Ponte and implemented by Thiago Ponte.
LuaLogging 1.0.0 was designed by Danilo Tuler (and log4j) and implemented by Danilo Tuler and André Carregal.